Sunday, January 18, 2009

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Another collection of essays from David Sedaris....loved it! I liked part one, the essays about his family, a little bit more than part two "deux" , the essays about his time spent in France. David's learning the language/fish out of water stories are solidly funny but I still like the family better. He has such a way of capturing them. He doesn't spend a lot of time on physical decsriptions of them; I don't have any kind of mental image to try to find them in a photo but their voices are loud and clear. I think if I was out in the world and heard one of them speak that I would know instantly who it was because he has painted them so vividly.

This book is my "M" for the A-Z Reading Challenge! Click on the logo to see my progress.

No comments: