Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lent

Here was the plan...read my little black book daily devotional and give up bread. I started this post on Ash Wednesday and it's been sitting in draft form all this time. Talk about your road to hell being paved with good intentions - that about sums it up right there!

It's almost Palm Sunday and have I read that Little Black Book - no! Have I given up bread - well, for the most part. I've been good about no rolls and bread with dinner except for one slip up. But at lunch time, the healthy choice for me is a veggie sub at Subway and they did away with the wraps so I have occasionally been eating it on wheat bread - but I'm not enjoying it so I think God is probably OK with that. I've kept to the no meat on Fridays except I think for one slip up.

I have been reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis so that has been contemplative. And Lord knows with Tween the way he is, I've been praying. And I've been praying for friends too - the girls I mentioned in another post with cancer. So it hasn't been fun and games but it also hasn't been what I planned - I guess that would be called LIFE!

No comments: