Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chronicles of Narnia Challenge wrap-up

Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge

Yesterday marked the conclusion of the Chronicles of Narnia reading challenge hosted by Carrie at Reading to Know. If you click on the logo, it will take you to Carrie's conclusion post and you can check out everybody who used Mr. Linky to post their own wrap-ups.

How did I do? I did the exact opposite of what I planned. I said I was going to be relaxed about it and read one book, maybe more. Instead I got all competitive with myself and read all seven. I enjoyed them very much but rushing through was probably not the best way to read them. Although if I remember right I am in good company as I think Carrie did the same thing her first time!

What I didn't do...I did not go Google and learn about the Christian imagery. I decided this first read just to enjoy them and see what popped out and then, later go look and confirm or refute what I thought. I will need a good resource for this project. I'm waffling about whether to go out right now and search or to wait and see if Carrie holds the challenge again next year and do it then.

I also did not watch the movies. I discovered that my children own both movies - yes, the days of mom prescreening what they watch have passed - I don't even know what we own anymore. Again - am not going to jump in and watch them right away. Now that the challenge is over, I'm taking a Narnia breather!

Here are links to my reviews if you are interested in my ramblings...
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince CaspianThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Now, I'll say THANK YOU to Carrie at Reading to Know for hosting a great challenge!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes, see, and I had all these great intentions of reading it all again and found myself going at a rather slow pace. =D So go you and yes, you bet, I'm hosting again next year so go ahead and take that breather! You deserve it!

(Off to check out your other posts...)