Tuesday, September 15, 2009

For One More Day by Mitch Albom

From the author's website: For One More Day is the story of a mother and a son, and a relationship that covers a lifetime and beyond. It explores the question: What would you do if you could spend one more day with a lost loved one?

I'm rounding out my own little death themed trilogy with For One More Day. Both Geography of Love and The Last Lecture were memoirs so it was hard for me to keep reminding myself that For One More Day is fiction. I think I've read all of Mitch Albom's books. The unfortunate part of that is that the more I read, the less I like. His first, Tuesdays With Morrie, hooked me but the ones to follow have seemed contrived. He tugged at my heartstrings with Morrie but now he's just yanking my emotional chain. He has a new book coming out that returns to non-fiction, Have A Little Faith. I'm looking forward to it because I have faith that when he returns to non-fiction, he is going to knock it out of the park again!

P. S. - And the crying is not yet done, I've finished one more book that fits right in with these three!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I've only read one of Albom's books and I didn't like it nearly as much as everyone else did.