Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand? September 2009

This monthly feature is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books on the last Tuesday of every month. Click on the logo to go and check out all the participants.

From last month's list I read and reviewed Strength in What Remains by Tracy Kidder, an ARC from Library Thing. I got a good chunk of John Adams read but that was it for my Nightstand books. Here's what I have for this month.....





John Adams is still there but VERY close to getting finished just a mere nine months after I started it! Next is The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown; I've loved all his other books so I am anticipating enjoying this one too. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society has just been all over the blogs so I had to grab it when the opportunity arose (it was from one of the girls at No Stress Book Club). Revolutionary Road will complete the A-Z Reading Challenge for me - something I really wasn't sure I would be able to do when I started it! And, finally Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is on my list for the Everything Austen Challenge although I still have two movies I wanted to watch for that first so it may not get done this month - we'll see, I think the challenge is open until December so I will have time.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You're in for a treat with Guernsey!

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed Guernsey, and I have been meaning to read John Adams. Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

You're welcome to submit a Books on Screen post for one of the Jane Austen books/movies. I know we've written up P&P, but I don't think we've done any others.

Just contact me if you'd like to.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh all your picks look so good. I am hoping to read all of them at some point!

ibeeeg said...

Great book choices.
John Adams is a fabulous read but I must admit I had a hard time getting through it. Why? Non-fiction. Otherwise, I was simply impressed by who the man was.

I am currently re-reading P&P. Love the book. I am curious about the P&P Zombies book. Hope you like it.

Here is my Nightstand

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I like Guernsey a lot. Have fun with Lost Symbol. I have John Adams but haven't felt moved to read it yet :)