Thursday, October 15, 2009

Growing Old

Today's my brithday...I'm 45 years old. Last week on Facebook, my first "boyfriend" - from when I was thirteen years old, asked me to be his Facebook friend. Before I clicked confirm, I went and looked at all the pictures of me on my profile page and wished I knew how to use Photoshop so I could edit away twenty pounds and the crows feet and that damn crater of a worry line on my forehead. Oh well, I clicked confirm anyway, it's been thirty years since I have had any contact with him - surely he was prepared for a change or two! I thanked God I am happily married to Ex-Marine and it is only the sin of vanity that gives me any worry about what other men might think of my appearance. Then I ate a triple chocolate Klondike bar to make myself feel better - vanity and gluttony - only five more to go.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Happy birthday! 45 doesn't sound too bad to me since I'll be 51 in a month.