Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

There is a plot summary and such on the author's website but in a nutshell, it's Langdon again from Brown's other popular books, The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons. He's doing the same thing, using symbols to crack a conspiracy, but this time the setting is Washington, D.C. Langdon getting embroiled in these mysteries has become the Dan Brown formula and this time around it's just not as good. It lacks the fresh feeling of his earlier works but also, D.C. even with the awe-inspiring monuments just didn't hold my interest like Italy and the art did. I thought because I have thoroughly enjoyed all of his other books that a "not as good" Dan Brown would still be great compared to other books but it really wasn't - it was just OK.

This is one of the books on my list for Fall Into Reading 2009. Click on the logo to see my progress.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I wasn't as crazy about Brown's other books as everyone else was so I have a feeling I'd think the same thing about this one.