Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Book List meme: 3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them

Rebecca at Lost in Books has started a new weekly meme - The Book List. This is perfect for me because I love making lists of books. I am more likely to make a list for a challenge than to actually complete a challenge! So here it is - all lists, no pressure - just right for me.

Here's this week's list..
3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them

Wallflower at the Orgy by Nora Ephron

When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris or almost anything by David (Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, Me Talk Pretty One Day) - he just does good titles!

We Thought You Would be Prettier by Laurie Notaro

5 comments:

Katy said...

Ha! "We Thought You Would Be Prettier" - that one especially makes me giggle.

bermudaonion said...

David Sedaris makes me laugh too!

Jenny said...

I keep seeing David Sedaris popping up all over the book blog world, yet I have never read a single book by him. I am making a "list" of books to put on my Nook when it gets here, might just have to add one of his. Any suggestions on which one to start wtih?

Kristen said...

Love these titles. I wish more writers did great and intriguing titles. Of course, I must admit I like the funny ones the best.

Becca said...

Great titles! I can't believe I haven't read David Sedaris yet. All of his books are on my wish list!