Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Audiobook Week: How to write an audiobook review

Jen of Devourer of Books asks, "What do you include? How do you rate an audio if the narrator is good but the story isn’t (or the other way around). Do you let people know the book was an audio off the bat, or do you surprise them with it at the end, ‘trick’ them into reading the review?"

My posts about books are all pretty much the same (yawn!), a picture of the cover, the blurb from the dust jacket or back cover, and then a little bit of rambling from me about what I thought. With an audiobook I do usually say something about the narrator - some are so good, and some are sooo bad! I put my information about it being an audiobook at the end where I put all my "connecting" information about challenges and such. I never thought of it as tricking anyone before. Are there readers out there prejudiced against audiobooks? I didn't know! I'll consider myself tricked on that one.

If you like audiobooks, I am giving away some that I liked, here.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I totally agree with you on narrators!