Monday, September 6, 2010

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday started by Marcia at The Printed Page is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). This month Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Kathy at bermudaonion. Stop by there to check out everyone else's mailboxes. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

It's been awhile since I put my mailbox up so these wins actually came over the last month rather than the last week! But there are still a lot - I had quite the lucky streak going for awhile.

Deliver us From Evil by David Baldacci was a win from Kristi at Books and Needlepoint. I have loved everything by David Baldacci (except the Christmas train one), I especially love this narrator Ron McLearty; he does an excellent job bringing the stories to life. He has an amazing ability to differentiate characters so well that you lose yourself in the story.




Innocent by Scott Turow was a win from Gwen at A Sea of Books. Thank you, Gwen! Everyone wanted this book and I was so lucky to win!






Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson was a win from Teddy at So Many Precious Books, So Little Time. The combination of Southern and Catholic reel me right in, I am listening to this one now and enjoying it immensely! Thank you, Teddy!





The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar came by accident and the generous folks at Hachette said I could just keep it. From the back cover, I know it is about how we make choices in life and "why do we sometimes chose against our best interests?". Sounds interesting enough and I do fairly well with nonfiction on audio so I'll give this a try.

I actually have a couple of others still on the way - can you believe that luck?!

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You did have some great wins! I've read Backseat Saint and thought it was fabulous!

TheBookGirl said...

I read Innocent and liked it very much. Enjoy your books!

Stephanie said...

Great books! I have wanted to read Scott Turow's books for awhile now.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I have Backseat Saints on the shelf (to read). Enjoy all your books!

Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

I have Backseat Saints on my wishlist. I have Innocent as well, but I have to read Presumed Innocent first. Don't you love the cover of Innocent? I love the gold fingerprints.

Kate Scott said...

Looks like some great reads! Backseat Saints looks particularly interesting. Happy reading!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I've wanted to read Backseat Saints and The Art of Choosing sounds terrific. What a happy accident! Enjoy.