Thursday, September 2, 2010

September...already??!!

This is my new leaf...the one I am turning over to start September! I've been in "perfectionist" mode. It's those times where I immobilize myself with thinking that things must be prefect. It takes hold on the blog when I get behind on posting and then I want to try to post the backlogged books in the order I read them rather than just jumping in and writing about what's fresh on my mind. And with feeling like my posts have to be some great work, when really, my 10 followers (if they are still around, hello?) could not care less or they would never have started following my ramblings in the first place! It takes hold at home by my trying to do it all with chores and children so that it is DONE RIGHT! But all that does is wear me out and teaches the children they can get away with doing nothing because mom will do it. Unfortunately for the US Navy I haven't been in perfectionist mode at work but at least that means I am doing soemthing there rather than the nothing I have done here!

So what does this mean? It means I am almost finished with Mockingjay and when I get done, I'm going to tell you what I think despite the fact that I haven't posted Hunger Games or Catching Fire yet! Perfectionism is gone...let's get back to sloppy and fun. Maybee I won;t even spel check this...

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I know - I can't believe the year is 2/3 over already! Take it easy on yourself - we're certainly not looking for perfection.