Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Anne movie and a wrap up note for the LMM challenge

I spent last night watching the second movie in the Anne of Green gables series that stars Megan Fallows. It was not as wonderful for me as the first one I watched because I wasn't far enough along in reading the series. I have only read the first two books - Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. The movie, however, was a compilation of books 2-4 so it included things that I hadn't read yet. What I liked about the first movie was the way the book came to life, it seemed to follow the book fairly well. So this movie that had bits and pieces of the story I read but then lots more that didn't seem to fit just wasn't as fun. Next year, I'l' try to read the next two books and then rent this one again and will see if my opinion changes!

So this is what I accomplished for the Lucy Maud Montgomery Challenge 2011..
Read Anne of Green Gables.
Watched the movie Anne of Green Gables.
Read Anne of Avonlea.
Watched the movie, Anne of Green Gables, the sequel.

The challenge was a pleasure and a big thank you goes to Carrie at Reading to Know for hosting!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You did a lot! Congratulations! And I think it's great that you are planning to read further in the series and then re-watch the movie. Great plan!