Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Carrie over at Reading to Know. It is short, just the month of January, so it is imperative that I dive right in or I will miss out! I am eager to do just a little bit and be successful. I've downloaded Anne of Green Gables to my iPad and am already a fourth of the way through. I can't believe I have gone my whole life without reading such a classic but apparently it is true because I have no idea what is going to happen. The beginning had a vague sense of familiarity so I am wondering if I read a junior classic version when I was younger or if maybe the plot is a little similar to Pollyanna. After I finish the book, I am going to find the movie. In fact, I ought to start looking for it now so that I am ready! I am going to go with the movie version I saw Carrie recommended, she seemed to think this particular version was the quintessential Anne so that's what I want.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay! Correcting a reading problem here I see. ;D haha. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it to the end AND that you are able to locate a copy of the movie. I think you'll love it!

Glad you are playing along!

bermudaonion said...

Another challenge! Sounds like you're tackling this one head on. Lucky you, reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time.